Friday, April 01, 2011

John Kennan for Selectman

For more information, please see: http://www.kennancares.com/


My name is John Kennan and I am running for re-election as your Selectman on May 5, 2011.

We all chose to live in Sandwich for some of the many wonderful resources we have here: schools, beaches, sense of community, accessibility, culture. I have enjoyed raising my family here and continue to enjoy a commitment to the town and want to continue to work with you to promote a financially healthy community that can support families, seniors, and businesses.

In addition to being a local attorney, I have also been a Selectman for the past three years, and President of the Sandwich Economic Initiative Corporation (SEIC), working to add private development to our tax rolls. I am also one of the founders of the Sandwich Chamber of Commerce, Selectman liaison to the Sandwich Economic Development Committee, Board member of Open Cape, Inc., Board of Trustee to the Thornton W. Burgess Society, Board Member of the Benjamin Nye Homestead and Museum and Past Vice-Chair of the Sandwich Alliance of Financial and Legal Professionals.

The commitment I have to this town is just one of the reasons why I am asking for your vote on May 5, 2011. As a resident of Sandwich, you know that there are many issues that a ffect our town such as the budget, public safety, and zoning. We will be challenged to keep our property tax aff ordable. We must work together to advocate for what is right for our town.

As your Selectman, I will remain committed to:

1. Safety in our community;
2. Encouraging economic development resulting in broadening our tax base and job creation;
3. Providing the best educational environment for our children;
4. Supporting the needs of our seniors;
5. Addressing the impacts of coastal erosion in our town and seeking immediate and long term solutions;

Please cast one of your two votes for me on May 5, and please consider volunteering to assist me with my campaign so that we can continue to meet these objectives!

Thank you!

No comments: