Sunday, April 03, 2011

Susan Sundermeyer For School Committee

I moved these comments up to the top because I wanted to make sure they didn't get lost in the minutiae of one of the earlier posts. For more information on Susan, her website is at www.susansundermeyer.com.


Thank you, Bob! I'm delighted to have your endorsement.

It pleases me to have the support of people with strong and even opposed views on various topics. People know they can trust me to examine issues thoughtfully and well. I take that seriously, and I intend to live up to it. 

And greetings, NotThePTA readers! I hope you will visit my website for more information about me and about the campaign. I’m running to help repair and rebuild public trust in our School Committee, to strengthen the relationships between the School Committee and other municipal boards, to foster better communication between the School Committee and the public, and to be a strong advocate for our schools.

I have no secret agenda to ram through, and I’m not in this for my ego. Au contraire -- my ego suffers mightily with each television appearance! I know this is a tough crowd. I’m a longtime NTPTA reader myself and expect no punches pulled here. I will just say, explicitly: Yes, I am a relative newcomer . Yes, I have much to learn. I’m not asking for your vote on the basis of my broad knowledge of educational theory, and wouldn't try to fake it! Rather, I offer my candidacy as a smart, thoughtful, objective person who learns quickly, loves our town, and has a vested interest in the quality of our school district, time and energy for the work ahead, and professional and interpersonal skills that will serve the School Committee well.

Thank you for your consideration.

Susan

No comments: