Saturday, September 25, 2010

Even More Clarification

Somebody asked:   "Please show me where in the cct where they said the town clerk filed with the court.  It was a formal complaint to the DA'S office."  (It was an anonymous post, but I bet you a nickel his paycheck has "Cape Cod Times" printed at the top!)  Attached please find:



As you can see from the attached, the filing was made with the DA's office -- but it was NOT a "complaint" --  it was an "inquiry".  The letter was even clearly labelled as an "inquiry", and I do not believe the word "complaint" is included anywhere therein.  If he had actually read the letter, he would have understood WHY the term "complaint" would have been significant.


The term "complaint" specifically means a filing seeking court action.  Under law, a "complaint" must be sought within 21 days.  Apparently, neither School Counsel nor certain members of the School Committee read the rules before they dug in their heels -- because (as pointed out several times previously) nobody thought to file one!


I actually received a series of 3 emails from this anonymous person -- but I delayed a response until I had a chance to publish these documents.  Humorously, his final post ended with "To bad you like to slant things to the negative thinkers".  


Holy Catfish, you'd think I was the one working for the Cape Cod Times!!



No comments: